This sixth and final course in the Utility Safety Basics for Supervisors series is designed to provide a review of safety leadership responsibilities. This session will focus on the following key concepts:
- Coaching and leading change: your job as a safety leader
- Hazard recognition and risk assessment for safety leaders
- Understanding and using the hierarchy of safety controls
- Proactive vs. reactive safety leadership
- Using leading indicators effectively
- Final team presentations: your overall plan to strengthen the safety process
Our instructor, Pam Tompkins, is president and CEO of SET Solutions, LLC. Pam has worked in the electric utility industry for over 33 years, including 13 years as a leading industry consultant. She is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP), a Certified Utility Safety Administrator (CUSA) and an authorized OTI (OSHA Training Institute) instructor. Pam is a frequent speaker throughout the U.S. and internationally on electrical safety compliance and industry “best practices,” and is a regular contributor for iP (Incident Prevention) magazine.
Call 1-800-462-6963 or click here for accommodations at Boyne Mountain Resort. Ask for Michigan Electric Cooperative Association rate ($129/night +tax). Reservations must be made by Oct. 2, 2016.
Call 800-634-7302 or click here for accommodations at the Evergreen Resort (formerly McGuire’s). Use promotional code: WOLVERINEPWR ($75/night +tax). Reservations must be made by Oct. 2, 2016.