American Transmission Company, the Upper Peninsula Power Company, and Wisconsin Public Service will host a “2014 U.P. Energy Summit” on Oct. 28.
A variety of topics, of great importance to both the state and U.P., will be covered. Presentations and guest speakers include:
- Valerie Brader, legal counsel/senior policy advisor to Gov. Rick Snyder
- John Quackenbush, chairman, Michigan Public Service Commission
- Sally Talberg, commissioner, Michigan Public Service Commission
- Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO)
- American Transmission Company
- Utility and public power representatives
A block of rooms at $89/night is availablefor attendees at the Country Inn & Suites, 2472 U.S. Hwy. 41 West, (call 906-225-1300 by Oct. 13 to reserve under the group name U.P. Energy Summit).
Northern Michigan University (1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette) is the conference location, and its tentatively scheduled to run from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Register by Oct. 21. For conference questions, call Sandi Dax at (920) 433-5543.