MSU Extension is reminding Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) applicants to apply for grant dollars and low interest loans to help implement energy conservation practices by 4:30 p.m., July 31, 2014.
REAP funds must be used to buy a renewable energy system, such as:
- Anaerobic digester
Or energy efficiency improvements, including:
- Freezer & cooler upgrades
- Lighting, window & plumbing upgrades, insulation
- Replacement grain dryers & irrigation units (diesel to electric, high pressure to low pressure, traveler to pivots)
- Greenhouse heating/lighting/cooling
- High efficiency motors, pumps, fans, blowers, compressors
- Upgrading/replacing HVAC equipment
Grants are available for projects costing $200,000 or less, and those costing over $200,000.
In preparation for REAP funding, MSU Extension also holds statewide energy conservation workshops that will be offered again in winter 2014 (email Charles Gould at email@example.com or call 616-994-4547).
For energy conservation program details, email Al Go at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-353-0643.